What is Smart Printing and Why It Makes Sense?
Smart printing refers to the ability of the printer to run independently of a host computer. The programming ability resides within the printer, thus making it intelligent. Because the printer is "intelligent", smart printing solutions are very customizable and can be tailored to meet your specific requirements. Smart printing gives you the flexibility to install printers where it makes the most sense for your organization, not where PC placement or network access dictates.
See how Zumbiel Packaging leverage Smart Printing.
The list of "smart printing" applications is varied and includes shipping and shipment verification, work-in-process, material management, label and form printing for product identification, merchandise tags, receipts, shelf labels, shipping labels, invoices, ingredient labels, material lists and much, much more.
Intelligent printing solutions are available in stationary and portable printers, bringing real-time information to workers both inside and outside the four walls.
Utilizing the intelligence of a “smart” printer offers multiple opportunities for costs savings across your enterprise. Contact us on how you can take advantage of this smart solution.
Top 10 Reasons Why Smart Printing is a Good Idea:
- #10 - Enables printing in harsh environments where PCs would fail
- #9 - Offers scalability, which allows enterprises to change printing processes without having to replace hardware
- #8 - Operates in mobile environments where there is no access to network connections
- #7 - Simplify troubleshooting and increases uptime with self-management features of printer
- #6 - Printer operates as a centralized controller for peripheral devices including barcode scanners, scales reducing redundancy in your operation
- #5 - Allows line-side printing
- #4 - Increases efficiency by providing on-demand, variable data output for items such as shipping labels, shelf labels, work orders, receipts, invoices etc.
- #3 - Reduces total cost of ownership by eliminating the need to purchase, install and
- maintain additional PCs
- #2 - Stream-lined processes improve productivity and reduce the opportunity for error
- And the #1 reason why intelligent printing is a smart idea . . . Quick ROI adds profit to your bottom line!
Line-side printing incorporates printing into existing operations/processes in instead of treating it as a separate function. This eliminates redundancy in your manufacturing and distribution environments, reducing errors and improving productivity. Often line-side printing applications include smart printing.
Intermec offers a wide variety of programmable printers for smart printing applications. Contact us to learn more.